From: Adam Buckley [mailto:orbit@adambuckley.net]
Sent: den 30 januari 2004 04:32
To: Johan Antonsson
Cc: 'Orbit-List (E-mail)'
Subject: RE: Orbit2 Win32

Hi Johan,

I was also unable to compile Orbit 0.5 using Cygwin (or MinGW).  I *had* to
use Microsoft Visual C++ version 6.0.  The zip file available from
http://orbit-resource.sourceforge.net/win32/ORBit-0.5.1-win32.zip is a
working snapshot of a VC++ workspace complete with pre-compiled .lib files
(in VC 6.0 format).  You can compile your Orbit applications against these
.lib files.

I've done the above and sucessfully compiled and run a CORBA client, written
in C, on Windows.  I still get errors, though - looks like there's bugs in
Orbit code, but no-one will ever fix these because this version is now
unmaintained.  I guess we're just waiting for the gurus to fix the glib
issues on win32!

In the meanwhile, you can have a play with what I got working, if you
like... :-)  http://doors.sourceforge.net/download

HTH, Adam.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/orbit-list/2003-December/msg00023.html

HTH, Adam.