RE: Orbit2 Win32

Hi Johan,

> What kind of errors do you get?

Sometimes this:
** WARNING **: discarding message type 1 (id possibly 18)

Sometimes this:
** WARNING **: Whoa, we overstepped the number of bytes we were supposed to
read by 12

Sometimes a windows general protection fault

> Do you reckon it's worth spending time trying to build and use the
> Windows version of Orbit in production software?

You could *try* get 0.5 working as production software under Win32, because
it's the only free CORBA implementation with C bindings.  Although I think
you will be on your own, and you'd have to do plenty, plenty testing to make
sure you have indeed fixed the bugs.

On the other hand, there are commercial products which WILL work, eg.
VisiBroker etc.

Or TAO seems great, if you're writing code in C++

HTH, Adam.