Re: More multi-threading questions...

*BLUSH*

Rule #1: when copying your code into a separate tree for testing,
remember to change the base directory in your makefile... I was still
using the include files from my main tree, but modifying the ones in the
test tree...

I should have been suspicious when everything always compiled cleanly
after making modifications ;-)

Anyway, now that I am _actually_ using g_main_loop_quit() to shut down
the main thread, I can now shut down the server cleanly!

The occasional assertion - aborts on startup are still there though, but
I have found no way to replicate them in gdb - they seem to be timing
related, and gdb affects the timing too much...

As to valgrind, for some reason, when I run the server under valgrind,
it does not correctly pass strings in client corba requests, so when it
does a name service bind, it ends up binding with an empty string for a
name... No idea why this happens. I will try memprof next.

Thanks again,
-justin