Re: MS-Windows client to Linux server ?

Hi Peter,

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 10:42, Peter Van Osta wrote:
> I have developed an ORBit-based client-server system on Linux, but we
> now get a question for linking an MS-windows based client to our Linux
> server system.

	Of course - if your client writes their control app. in Java - then it
should be fairly easy; JavaORB interoperates nicely with ORBit2: it's
the basis of OO.o's accessibility code.

> Are there other ORBs running under MS-windows which a customer could use
> to connect to our ORBit server ? How do we best communicate the IOR string ?

	OmniORB also works well under Windows I understand - is LGPL/C++
though. Transferring the IOR is one of those particularly nasty /
inscrutible tasks. I think Frank's CorbaLoc stuff might work nicely -
that is, if the server process can be considered a system-level process.

	HTH,

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot