Re: compile error: corba-defs-common.c

Hi Hamish,

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 11:05, Hamish Blair wrote:
> I also created Makefile.in and Makefile by hand with similar modifications,
> as I didn't have automake.  I found I had to add $(BUILT_SOURCES) to the
> target.

	I'm really convinced - given the trouble that people are constantly
having here - that one person sitting down and writing a simple
pre-processor would save other people tens of hours and fix this problem
permanantly :-) Would you consider that ? my feeling is that this is a
far easier task to achieve.

>       Error: `OObject' undeclared.
>
> If I try removing the "--define=Object=OObject" from the Makefile, I get
>
>       Error: parse error, unexpected TOK_OBJECT, expecting TOK_IDENT

	This is because we do a transform on the IDL to start with -
s/Object/OObject/ so that we can have the PIDL in the OMG normal form,
and yet parse 'Object' as an identifier instead of an 'object' token -
hence the error.

> While I can't get ORBit2 working, for the moment I'm using the old ORBit
> (0.5.17), which builds OK, but any help would be appreciated.

	Laca ! what is the simple fix Hamish needs for Solaris building?

	Thanks,