Re: reading string array after transfer

Hi Peter,

On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 12:22, Peter Van Osta wrote:
> Well the string i send to the server is valid at the client side, but at
> the server side I only get nonsense, such as "cccccccccccccccccccc" or
> an empty string.

	You are certain that you're checking for an exception before you poke
at the result ?

	If you configure ORBit2 with --enable-debug=yes make clean; make
install, then export ORBIT2_DEBUG=traces:giop - what output do you get ?

>  The content on the server side seems to be undetermined
> although I filled the string on the client side with strcpy an printed
> its content on the client side to verify. Neither the server or the
> client give an error.

	Very odd indeed.

> Decelring a string on the client side as "char zxc[128]" gives a valid
> results on the client side, but the content is invalid after it is
> transferred to the server. A string "in" argument transfer seems to be
> different than how I do it ?

	char xyz[128] is rather different to a string; I believe it's copied
immediately all over the place: horribly inefficient.

	Does using a sequence<string> help ? and/or can you confirm that 'make
check' in ORBit2 works for you, and if so - can you produce a
reproducable test case in test/everything/client.c such that we can fix
the bug.

	Thanks,

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot