Re: simple way to register timeout functions in ORBit's-mainloop?

Hi Michael,

Michael Meeks wrote:
>>If you intend to hide the glib-stuff too, the "simple way"
>>(sth. like ORBit_timeout_add) would be required.
>

> 	Is it really necessary to connect to the linc loop instead of just the
> glib mainloop ? - I though you said that it was not blocking in outgoing
> calls ? in which case surely it's sitting in the glib mainloop waiting ?

Oh, no, is not necessary.
I want to install the timer within the glib-mainloop used by ORBit,
which i got just through the linc-methods: i didn't found suitable
ORBit-calls for that.
While ORBit's mainloop is not the default glib-mainloop, using
just g_timeout_add() my timer function has never been called.

So if there would be a function like ORBit_main_get_loop() instead
of linc_main_get_loop(), my current solution would work again and i
would be _nearly_ happy.

But for the "easy way" now, i'd prefer sth. like
ORBit_main_get_context(), and, in glib, sth. like
g_timeout_add_to() with GContext* as an additional parameter.

Regards,
    Haubi
--
Michael Haubenwallner                    SALOMON Automation GmbH
Forschung & Entwicklung                  A-8114 Friesach bei Graz