Re: simple way to register timeout functions in ORBit's-mainloop ?

Hi Michael,

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 10:51, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> it would be nice to have a simpler way to register timeout-functions
> with the GContext used by ORBit2, mainly to check some stop-conditions.

	Out of interest - what is the big picture requirement you're trying to
meet here ?

> Or, a third alternative would be to have sth. like ORBit_timeout_add()
> to hide usage of linc/glib.

	We want to hide the linc stuff, certainly - since it's now all
internal; but I'm mostly interested in why you want to do this - perhaps
there is an easier way :-)

> What do you think about this ?

	I guess - I'd rather work on implementing some of the per object policy
stuff - eg. the existing timeout stuff in the CORBA spec, than adding
custom hooks of this sort - but it depends what the use-case is.

	Thanks,

 michael@ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot