Re: client status

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 11:45, Kuang-Chun Cheng wrote:
> On my ORBit2 server, when client call, eg clientOpenService(),
> the server will call "malloc()" to request some memory.  The resources
> will be free when client call clientCloseService().  However,
> sometime, client will exit abnormally without calling clientCloseService(),
> for example when client reboot.  So I need an async notification to know if
> client still connected so server side can free the requested resources.
>
> Does ORBit2 has "Interceptor" which I found in omniORB ?

	I don't know precisely what the omniORB interceptor does; or how the
lifecycle of TCP/IP connections happens precisely. I imagine though that
ORBit2 would have a few problems with this, since we tend to keep the
connection open indefinately, instead of savaging connections on a LRU
(or other) basis; so I have no idea.

	HTH,