How to put my ORBit prorgram in init script

Hi there,

I have written an orbit daemon program and i want it to be loaded at
startup. But when i put the startup
script in /etc/init.d/, the program is loaded but my client program can not
resolve the object from the server programs. if i load the same startup
script after the system is bootup, my client can resolve the object.. I am
very confuse now.. i have tried to put & in the execution and i have also
tried to use
daemon(); to make the program start as a daemon.. but there is no use.. does
anyone have some idea on why this is so?

I am using redhat 7.3, orbit-0.5, and the server does not have gnome
installed fully.. (minimum to support ORBit only)

P.S. i have put this server in my laptop to run at startup and it runs
fine... my laptop is redhat 8.0, orbit-2.4.. i wonder if this is a problem
related to orbit version.. but i want to confirm that before i would try to
install orbit-2.x to it.. (my computer can not install redhat 8.0 due to
some problem with my mb.. so i need to do a lot of package upgrade in order
to upgrade to orbit-2.x.. so a solution that don't require updating to
orbit-2.x is better.. => )

thanks in advance.

cheers,
Louis Lau