Re: off by 1 bug in poa.c

Hi Paco,

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 21:23, Paco Moya wrote:
> Either ObjectId_to_string or string_to_ObjectId is wrong.

	Quite right; ObjectId_to_string is wrong ;-) it does some nasty memory
trampling action. It also casts an octet sequence to a string - which is
sub-optimal.

	I've fixed the overrun in HEAD, and added a poatest-basic11 - which
fails nastily.

> Remember ObjectId is not a string, but a sequence of octets. '\0' is
> a valid octet inside _buffer.

	Quite ;-) We should fix this; however I couldn't dig how to do that out
of the spec. Can we simply make up our own syntax for the objectid ? if
so - we could just hexify that buffer I suppose - any thoughts ?