Re: ORBit2-2.4.1 file corba-defs.idl parse error

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Laszlo PETER wrote:

> Mark McLoughlin wrote:
>
> >         CPP=/usr/lib/cpp ./configure ....
> >
> >         I can't remember the deatils but forte's cpp was b0rked (and
> > AFAIR non C99 compliant output). Laca, can you remember the details ?
> > Did we inform the forte group and did they do anything about it? My
> > mind is distinctly hazy ... :/
>
> Yes, AFAIR the Forte cpp produces slightly different line number info
> (file name is not always included or something like that) and that
> confuses the parser in libIDL.
> Relying on /usr/lib/cpp is safer anyway -- you always have that.

Okay, thanks for the tips.  This puzzles me, though.  Is it common (ie,
what other programs do this) to use the C preprocessor as a macro tool (is
that what it is doing)?  Isn't that what m4 or other macro programs are
for?

Also, on Solaris 2.6, I can't seem to find a /usr/lib/cpp.  By "always
have that", does that mean I need the cpp binary even after libIDL is
built?  Does 2.6 have an equivalent for /usr/lib/cpp, or will I not be
able to build it to run on 2.6?

--
MattLangford