Re: ORBit2-2.4.1 file corba-defs.idl parse error

Matthew Langford wrote:

> Also, on Solaris 2.6, I can't seem to find a /usr/lib/cpp.  By "always
> have that", does that mean I need the cpp binary even after libIDL is
> built?

Yes, I mean, you can run your libIDL on a machine other than where
you built it.  If you rely on say /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cpp then you
need to have that on every machine where you intend to run your code.
(Note that this does not apply to programs using ORBit, only to
programs using libIDL, for example the IDL compiler.)

> Does 2.6 have an equivalent for /usr/lib/cpp, or will I not be
> able to build it to run on 2.6?

Heh... OK.  In those dark ages cpp lived in /usr/ccs/lib/cpp.
Nowadays that is a symlink to /usr/lib/cpp for compatibility
reasons, but new programs should use /usr/lib/cpp.

Laca