Re: ORBit 0.5.17 CORBA_ORB_perform_work implementation

It may be a synonym...   But books on CORBA show the "perform_work" as an
exposed to the user function to use.

 > Apart from that it looks fine ;-) As you can see - perhaps there is a
> reason why this method hasn't been implemented - it's a synonym for
> giop_main_iterate (FALSE);

 e.g. from "Pure CORBA" By Fintan Bolton...

 For as Single-Threaded client he say s us the CORBA::ORB::perform_work()
operation instead of the CORBA::ORB::run().   The perform_work() operation
does not block indefinitely and returns after a certain number of
invocations have bee processed.  The exact behavior of the perform_work()
function is implementation dependent.  This allows you to write an event
loop to integrate with the other activities of the client application.

 // C++ style example...

    keep_running = TRUE;
    while( keep_running) {

            if (orb->work_pending() ) { orb->perform_work() ; }
            process_user_gui_input();
 }

 Later,

 -Dave