Re: (no subject)

Hi Shmyrev,

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 18:26, nshmyrev wrote:
> Hello, I need some help in bonobo object framework. The documentation is so
> insufficient.

	:-) what documentation have you read ?

> I need more complicated object activation structure, than bonobo-activation
> gives to me. I need query running objects for some properties and
> interfaces, than invoke some methods and start another one, if the results
> don't satisfy me.

	That's fine - bonobo-activation is not primarily designed for this -
it's mostly designed to allow people to find the component they want
without having to active every component on the system and search them
all - since this is horribly inefficient.

> Is this possible at all?

	Most probably; you can add extensible attributes to .server files, such
that you can do complex queries; of course - they are static from the
.server files - you can't do anything dynamic with them.

> Maybe, I can use bonobo-activation for it, or bonobo-activation helps me somehow?
> If not, should I write bonobo-activation-like server with running objects database?

	You can get the running objects by using the _running property in your
query I believe - see the docs in bonobo-activation/docs/

> Maybe, bonobo-activation will include this capabilities in the near future.

	There's 0 point in writing another activation daemon, and good reasons
to adapt it to do what you want. Ultimately though if the properties are
dynamic, you're going to have to have already activated the component -
and b-a-s is not designed to do that because it's horrendously wasteful
on a large scale.

	Anyway - read the tests, and the examples provided to help you in the
bonobo-activation source code; and ask if you don't understand,

	HTH,