Re: Orbit/Java.

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Bill Haneman wrote:

> > > The only JVM that we have found to work bidirectionally with
> > > ORBit2 is 1.4.  I am guessing that one or the other of these
> > > requirements is not being met in your example.
> >
> > Well, yes it is. java -version output :
> >
> > java version "1.4.0-beta2"
> > Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0-beta2-b77)
> > Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.0-beta2-b77, mixed mode)
>
> Ah, beta2 won't do it.  I believe the fixes are in beta4.

I just downloaded the latest j2sdk version I could from java.sun.
`java -version` is now:

java version "1.4.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0-b92)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.0-b92, mixed mode)

If it still isn't a version supposed to work right with Orbit2, then I
don't know how to get one.

The problem is, I can't get my Orbit2 client to work with a java "Hello
World" server. The server gets the corba call, but the client crashes
right after, in giop-msg-buffer.c:1303, function static gint
giop_recv_reply_decode_message(GIOPRecvBuffer *buf).

Instruction at line 1303 is

GET_ULONG_NC(&buf->message.u.reply.request_id);

with &buf->message.u.reply.request_id == NULL at the crash, which I assume
might be a good reason for a crash.

I hope this error message is helpful for someone...

--
The system is going down for reboot NOW!