Re: Orbit/Java.

>Hi.
>
>I recently saw a post about using orbit with a corba server application
>written in java. I tried so, but the communication seemed to be broken as
>the server app comes back from the function call (client app in C is
>killed with "Bus error").

The only JVM that we have found to work bidirectionally with
ORBit2 is 1.4.  I am guessing that one or the other of these
requirements is not being met in your example.

I don't believe that ORBit (stable) will work but it might.
A number of fixes went into ORBit2 that enabled Java ORB
interoperability, and a number of fixes went into JDK 1.4.

I do not recommend trying to get far with previous versions
of Java.

regards,

Bill