Re: Orbit/Java.

On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 11:31, Laurent Fousse wrote:

> > > Well, yes it is. java -version output :
> > >
> > > java version "1.4.0-beta2"
> > > Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0-beta2-b77)
> > > Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.0-beta2-b77, mixed mode)
> >
> > Ah, beta2 won't do it.  I believe the fixes are in beta4.
>
> I just downloaded the latest j2sdk version I could from java.sun.
> `java -version` is now:
>
> java version "1.4.0"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0-b92)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.0-b92, mixed mode)
>
> If it still isn't a version supposed to work right with Orbit2, then I
> don't know how to get one.
>
> The problem is, I can't get my Orbit2 client to work with a java "Hello
> World" server. The server gets the corba call, but the client crashes
> right after, in giop-msg-buffer.c:1303, function static gint
> giop_recv_reply_decode_message(GIOPRecvBuffer *buf).
>
> Instruction at line 1303 is
>
> GET_ULONG_NC(&buf->message.u.reply.request_id);
>
> with &buf->message.u.reply.request_id == NULL at the crash, which I assume
> might be a good reason for a crash.
I am no hacker of ORBit but this might be caused by either by
* broken demarshalling process of reply-message-body in ORBit2-ORB, or
* the Java-1.4.x ORB marshalls a non-initialized integer as Request-Id

If you dont need any return/out-value you might be fine declaring the
method as "oneway".  In this case your Java-ORB-server should not send
any reply-message back to client.

interface Hello {
  oneway void hello (in string s);
};