Re: [Fwd: Client *and* server?]

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 09:06, Katherine Goude wrote:
> Thanks for the response.
>
> dank@kegel.com wrote:
>

> > First off, you should not be using orbit from more than one thread.
> > It's a single-threaded system.
> > Orbit's multithread support is not ready yet.  (Or so I gather.)
>
> Ah, ok. I wasn't sure about that. You think ORBit-mt could solve my problems then?

Katherine:

Just to qualify Dan's remark a little: you can use ORBit2 from as many
threads as you like, as long as they are separate processes ;-)

In other words, you can have any mix of client and server applications.
However having several threads within one process space that are calling
into ORBit2 is the dangerous/untested bit.  If you can split your
application into separate processes and have only one thread in each
which uses ORBit2 (each potentially being, of course, both client and
server), then you should be in well-known waters.

-Bill