[Fwd: Client *and* server?]

> Hi Katherine,
>
> On Wed, 2002-06-26 at 08:57, Katherine Goude wrote:
> > Then why do I get a GLib-critical error when I try to make my program do
> > just that??
>
>         What glib critical error ? can you post the error message, and the
> backtrace.

I've updated to glib-2.0.3 which has given me a much clearer error message, which
is "Glib-WARNING **: g_main_context_prepare(): main loop already active in another
thread"

> > It works fine doing the client part alone and fine doing just the server
> > part but if I try to let it do both (being a server in one thread of the
> > program and a client in another thread) then it crashes.
>
>         Extremely odd - with a backtrace we can help you.

Can't do a backtrace - running on an embedded system with no gdb.

> > Any ideas where I'm going wrong? Will using ORBit-MT (the multi-threaded
> > version of ORBit) help?
>
>         It is unlikely that threads will help you solve any ORBit problem, but
> they will significantly confuse almost anything :-)

So is that a "no"? I'm confused about the difference between a multithreaded ORB
and using an ORB in a multithreaded environment. Do you need the former if you're
doing the latter?

>         Regards,
>
>                 Michael.
>
> --