Re: "orbit-<username>" dir in /tmp

On 11 Jun 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	I'd be interested in what bug number the patch is. But as I said to
> Dick before the problem is that the non-filesystem namespace is linux
> only - and thus effectively a non-fix, if not a source of more problems
> for non-linux users.

The Linux-only feature (if it is indeed that) seems valuable enough to
warrant adding an abstraction to allow for it.

I thought it worked on Solaris as well, and if not there are probably
other equivalents for various OSs. (Sun people? :)

-- Elliot
Forget world domination. The Red Planet shall belong to Red Hat.