Re: possible bug in ORBit2

On Fri, 2002-01-11 at 08:20, Sebastian Wilhelmi wrote:
> Hi Diego,
>
> > 	i've been playing with ORBit2 and the name service, while calling:
> >
> > 	object = CosNaming_NamingContext_resolve (...);
> >
> > on an unexistent name i get the NotFound exception, this is ok, but
> > object is not CORBA_OBJECT_NIL, as it should be, if i try to apply
> > CORBA_Object_release on the returned object the ORB makes an abort.
> >
> > 	Before aborting this message is printed:
> >
> > (process:18265): ** ERROR **: file orbit-object.c: line 73 (do_unref):
> > assertion failed: (robj->refs < ORBIT_REFCOUNT_MAX && robj->refs > 0)
>
> When an exception is thrown, none of the out, inout or return parameters
> are returned. Only the exception. This is in analogy to C++ (or any
> exception system)
>

> > This is:
> >
> > 	The _resolve operation on the server side returns CORBA_OBJECT_NIL, but
> > on the client side something different is received, i think that this is
> > a bug on the ORB.
>
> No, the _resolve operation on the server side throws an exception, but
> it has to return something (NIL is this case) in order to satisfy the
> signature of the function requiring it to return a CORBA_Object.

what i'm trying to say is that the NameServer is returning
CORBA_OBJECT_NIL, but on the client side i'm not getting this, when i do

object = CORBA_OBJECT_NIL;
object = CosNaming_NamingContext_resolve (...);

if (ev._major != CORBA_NO_EXCEPTION) {
	if (object == CORBA_OBJECT_NIL)
		g_print ("object == NIL\n");
	else
		g_print ("object != NIL\n");
}

	my program prints "object != NIL" when an exception is thrown, as i
understand it it should be printing "object == NIL".