Re: ORBit2 - mutli-threaded ...

Hi David,

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 14:53, dahaverk@rockwellcollins.com wrote:
> Now that I'm slowly digging out from travel and other things.
>
> The main thing I remember about ORBit-MT was that I couldn't build it on my
> embedded target that had "POSIX threads" e.g. pthreads.    If I get a
> chance I'll try to take a look and find some more specifics.
>
> Please tell me you are keeping ORBit2 "pthread" compliant....

	Naturally, it's better - it's GThread compliant ;-) so all the
threading primitives are abstracted, and when you come to slimming down
glib you can transparently re-write them to jive well with your RTOS -
or whatever ;-)

	The branch is 'ORBIT2_MT' - and I need to do some work on the POA
stuff, partially made more difficult by some of the poa complexity
caused by confusion over how to generate stubs - I need to axe that. I'm
planning to merge this branch to HEAD post branching for gnome 2.2 so
... be warned ;-)