Re: ORBit2 "embedded", e.g. on Zaurus/IPAQ?

How about a configure switch to turn off glib dependancy and use some of
the system provided functions (i.e. malloc) etc. directly.?

Just a thought because the dependancy on "glib" was a really big "pain"
when I built ORBit2 for my target.

Another thing that we've discovered is that it would be great if the IDL
compiler build could be turned off.  Part of the problem with the ORBit IDL
that is generated is that it is uP Architecture specific.   The IDL that is
generated should NOT be specific to a platform.   Look at OMNI ORB as an
example.  It can generate IDL on any platform that can be compiled by a
cross compiler or directly on the host.

-Dave

Michael Meeks <michael@ximian.com>@gnome.org on 10/02/2002 11:49:35 AM

Sent by:    orbit-list-admin@gnome.org