Re: help needed with array out arguments

Hi Gergo,

On Mon, 2002-04-01 at 17:01, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> that's way beyond cryptic. really, I'm only looking for two-three lines of
> code, like (pulled from my butt):

	With that table you can construct all the rest of it trivially.

> client:
> 	Test_Numbers_slice *numbers = 0;
> 	Test_ITest_foo (numbers);

	From memory:

{
	int i;
	Test_Numbers_slice numbers[20];
	Test_ITest_foo (numbers);
	for (i = 0; i < 20; i++)
		printf ("Output %d", numbers [i]);
}

> server:
> 	skel_Test_ITest_foo (Test_Numbers_slice *out_array)
> 	{
> 		out_array = Test_Numbers__alloc ();
> 		// Fill out_array
> 	}

> 	skel_Test_ITest_foo (Test_Numbers_slice *out_array)
> 	{
		for (i = 0; i < 20; i++)
			out_array [i] = i;
> 	}

> (I'm pretty sure that's not teh good solution, but it illustrates my
> point)

	I hope the above clears things up - the aim here is to avoid dynamic
allocation for things that do not need it.