Re: license ambiguity

ross::barna

> I am confused.  Is ORBit LGPL?  Can I create a closed source commercial
> product that uses and links with it?
As far as I know, yes.
Core ORBit code, as IDL parser, core ORBit libs, fall under GPL.
That means if you enhance ORBit library, those changes have to be
published again.
Usually this code is not shipped with your program but with GNOME.

All generated code, as skeletons, stubs, header files should be LGPL.
Your program "linking" against this does not fall under GPL and is
allowed to be closed-source.

**correct?**

Cheers, Frank

 Frank Rehberger <frehberg@cs.tu-berlin.de>
 "Global order can arise from local interactions."
 [A.Turing, 1952]
 "when all nodes have reached that [stable] state, the whole
 graph is as dead as a doornail and the diffusing computation
 is defined to have terminated" [E.W.Dijkstra, 1980]