license ambiguity

I am interested in using ORBit to create a closed source commercial
product.  After looking at the ORBit website and looking at the actual
code I am very confused as to which license governs the code.

The website states "ORBit is developed and released as open source
software under GPL/LGPL."

If the license is GPL I cannot use it.  So, I took a look at the code
and found that some files contained language from the LGPL and some
contained Copyright notices attributed to various individuals.

I am confused.  Is ORBit LGPL?  Can I create a closed source commercial
product that uses and links with it?

-Ross