Re: client locks up somewhere in giop

Hi Sam,

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Sam Couter wrote:
> I've asked several times on this list whether ORBit2 will be
> multithreaded, or at least threadsafe, and only received answers like
> "Theoretically, it should be, but I don't know much about
> multithreaded programming so it might not be".

        Hahaha :-) well, I know not a little about thread safety - and I
know I have seen worrying things done in ORBit2 outside of proper
exclusion - But, having said that - a lot of it has locking where it needs
it, and so it seems likely to work quite well for several sets of things.

> One day I'll find the time to look for myself and try to make it
> multithreaded if it's not already. Real Soon Now (tm).

        :-) That'd be really, really great. Sebastian said he would come
and hack on ORBit2 which was wonderful, but sadly he doesn't have time.
It'd be great to bring your experience to the problems too.