Re: orbit & win32

>Is it possible to use orbit with win32 ?
>Specifically, I want to access an object implementation which resides
on
>a linux machine from win32.
>
>emre

Hi Emre:

I do not know whether ORBit itself has been ported to win32 yet, others
may be able to tell you that.

However since ORBit implements the CORBA standard, you should be able to
access the linux object implementations from other hosts via IIOP
(Internet Inter-Orb Protocol), if you turn TCP/IP transport on in ORBit
(it is off by default).  Then you need a CORBA ORB running on the
Windows machine, and it should be able to communicate via IIOP with
ORBit on the linux box.  There are several ORBs available for Windows,
and there is one built into the standard JVM if you have a Sun JDK
installed.  The Java bindings for CORBA are also much less painful to
use than C or C++, in my opinion, if you are using raw CORBA and not
Bonobo.

HTH

Bill

------