Re: orbit & win32

On Tue, 2001-10-02 at 12:28, Emre Turkay wrote:
> Is it possible to use orbit with win32 ?
> Specifically, I want to access an object implementation which resides on
> a linux machine from win32.
As much as I know now:

On linux you must start your server with parameter
-ORBIIOPUSock=0
and asure that this parameter is delegated to ORB_init(..);
otherwise your service is not reachable from outside, as ORBit uses
UNIX-sockets as default on Linux.

Cheers, Frank

 Frank Rehberger <frehberg@cs.tu-berlin.de>
 "Global order can arise from local interactions."
 [A.Turing, 1952]
 "when all nodes have reached that [stable] state, the whole
 graph is as dead as a doornail and the diffusing computation
 is defined to have terminated" [E.W.Dijkstra, 1980]