Re: (2.) principals?

Hi Frank,

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Frank Rehberger wrote:
> CORBA 15.3.5.3
> Principal pseudo objects are encoded as sequence<octet>. In absence of
> Security service specification, Principal values have no standard format
> or interpretation, beyond serving to identify callers (and potential
> callers)., This specification does not prescribe any usage of Principal
> values. [..]

> In ORBit-0.58 it seems to be zero-length sequence.

        I can well believe it's broken :-)

        Ultimately ORBit-0.5.8 is not being developed at all, your best
chance of getting support working would be in ORBit2 - and better still,
this would probably involve no API changes, being limited to fixing the
generic marshaler code.

> > We're only really interested if it is still in CORBA 2.4 though.
>
> Just as ballast of GIOP-1.0.

        Can you not send your data as a sequence<octet> without using the
Principal thing ? either way, I'm afraid you'll need to do the work to get
it going yourself - we're all just too busy with Gnome 2.0.