Re: Profile with Tag: 0xbadfaeca

Hi Frank,

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Frank Rehberger wrote:
> Currently I have the problem that ORBit-0.58 offers unix-sockets as
> default and my runtime environment does not support this kind of
> sockets.

        What is your runtime environment ? unix domain sockets provide
really good performance on local machines. Of course, if you use 'linc'
then it will use AF_UNIX to determine if you support unix domain sockets,
and not use them if not :-) [ do you get the impression I'd prefer you to
use ORBit2 ? ].

> The associated Profile is tagged with 0xbadfaeca. Will the upcoming
> version will use unix-socket as well?

        Yes - ORBit2 does as well; but it's only compiled if it's
available.