Re: (2.) principals?

Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> On 28 Sep 2001, Frank Rehberger wrote:
Michael,

>         The principle support is unfinished / untest / ugly in ORBit[2] I
> think. Personaly I forget what the principal type is intended to do, or
> indeed whether it is deprecated in later CORBA versions.

CORBA 15.3.5.3
Principal pseudo objects are encoded as sequence<octet>. In absence of
Security service specification, Principal values have no standard format
or interpretation, beyond serving to identify callers (and potential
callers)., This specification does not prescribe any usage of Principal
values. [..]

In ORBit-0.58 it seems to be zero-length sequence.

>         We're only really interested if it is still in CORBA 2.4 though.
Just as ballast of GIOP-1.0.

cu, Frank
 Frank Rehberger <frehberg@cs.tu-berlin.de>
 "Global order can arise from local interactions."
 [A.Turing, 1952]
 "when all nodes have reached that [stable] state, the whole
 graph is as dead as a doornail and the diffusing computation
 is defined to have terminated" [E.W.Dijkstra, 1980]