Re: more details on orbit 1/2 interop

Hi Havoc,

        So, having investigated it in some detail I have made some
progress. Somehow we'd manage to change the layout of the IOP specific tag
which really screwed up ORBit2 -> ORBit1, especially since ORBit1 is anal
about checking the version. So I fixed that in ORBit2.

        I calmed down some of the warnings - we currently discard loads of
IOP tags it seems - probably we should preserve them or dire things might
happen but ... for gconf we're prolly ok.

        So, localy I have everything working nicely with gconfd-1, no
warnings, it all seems to work. With gconfd-2 it's a different story, but
I think I've isolated it to some bogosity in the GIOP version handling
code, ORBit2 is sending GIOP 1.2 data to the ORBit expecting 1.0 format.

        Just committed the ORBit2 fixes, still testing the ORBit1 ones so
far, with a fair wind I hope to have it 100% tommorow.

        'night,