Re: ORBIT Nameserver problem

Hello!

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 03:29:43 -0600 (CST)
Murali Ravirala <rmurali@iastate.edu> wrote:

MR> Hello,
MR>
MR> We are trying to get the Nameserver working with the server and client on
MR> different machines. But the Server is unable to bind to the Naming server
MR> (which runs on a different machine), eventhough we provide the IOR of the
MR> naming service and enable IIOP for TCP/IP (by setting ORBIIOPIPv4=1, and
MR> ORBIIOPUSock=0). However, things work fine when the server, client and
Naming
MR> service are all on the same host. Is there any other configuration
required to
MR> get Naming service to work across hosts?

This configuration (working in local and not working in remote), at least at
first sight, seems to me like a OS configuration error. For example, make sure
that your /etc/hosts file contains the name of the machine, and not only
"localhost". Note that if you don't include your machine name into the
/etc/hosts file, ORBit may use "localhost" (or 127.0.0.1) as the IP address of
your machine. This works in local, but *not* in remote.

	Try using "ior-decode" utility to show up how are the IOR of your objects
formed. If you find there the localhost address, then this is the problem.

	Hope this helps.
	Best regards.
	diego.

--
Diego Sevilla Ruiz -- http://ditec.um.es/~dsevilla/ -- dsevilla@um.es
Dep. Ingeniería y Tecnología de Computadores, Facultad de Informática