Asynchronous procedure call with ORBit.

Hello folks!

We are a small team working on a project that wish to use ORBit as communication
fundations. Well, the problem we have is actually very similar to the one posted
by Edgar Hilton on 30 Oct 2001 17:46:21, but we would like to have a more orbit-
specific response.

We also have a set of clients that must synchronise their internal lists,
whenever they are changed on the serveur-side. We've tried to implement
a specific interface into a new thread directly in the client-side, but it
seems to confuse orbit, which locks after exchanging some messages. You
(Rodrigo Moya) have exposed a nice feature, by implementing a such IDL:

interface Server {
	void connectClient (in Client client);
};

interface Client {
	void notify (...);
};

How can you send a client object to the server without creating any new
thread?

As far we know, implementing "Client" interface in the client-side implies
creating a new running serveur (for associating code and calls to the other
side).

We know that's not very CORBA-compliant, but can you explain a bit more,
what's required for doing asynchronous message using the above IDL?

Thanks a lot!

Thierry Pierron