Re: ORBIT Nameserver

On Sat, 2001-11-17 at 23:39, Murali Ravirala wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are modifying the ORBIT nameserver behavior, and were looking at
> impl_CosNaming_NamingContext_resolve function. We are not able to understand
> the meaning of "context" within that function. We would like to know how
> multiple servers can register under the same name, and if so how does the
> resolve handle this. Does it employ a round-robin scheme?
I dont know this implementation, but in relation to GIOP-1.0 "context"
was used to store decryption-information. "context" is obsolet in
GIOP-1.1/2.
This field must be supported but is not used at all within ORBit.

Cheers,  Frank
 Frank.Rehberger at acm.org
 The Twelve Networking Truths
 http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1925.txt?number=1925