Re: ORBIT 5.6 Linux redHAT 7 installation in /usr and /usr/local

Hi Bernard,

If I were you, I wouldn't overwrite the redhat version in /usr -
otherwise your rpm database will be inconsistent with what's already
installed.

Instead, either upgrade using a rpm package, or consider just
installing the new compiled one in /usr/local and add /usr/local/lib
to the top of /etc/ld.so.conf or $LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that it gets
picked up by gnome etc..

Hope this helps,

Phil