ORBIT 5.6 Linux redHAT 7 installation in /usr and /usr/local

Dear colleagues
I compiled the last version of ORBIT 5.6 under Linux redHAT 7.
No problem for the compilation; Thanks to the developers and a Happy New
Year to them.
Installation was done above a previous compilation in /usr/local . There
was however a version of ORBIT in /usr too in this machine . I tried to
do make uninstall . This command was not accepted . How can I remove
both ORBIT installations in order to have a clean installation in /usr
only . If I do orbit-config --prefix I obtain /usr/local even if I have
reinstalled in /usr .
Thanks to you
Yours
Bernard
begin:vcard
n:REVET ;Bernard
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:CNRS-IGR 94805 Villejuif France;Microscopie Cellulaire et Moléculaire
version:2.1
email;internet:bmrevet igr fr
title:Research Director
x-mozilla-cpt:;23136