A/V Streams

Hi,

I was just wondering if there were any projects underway to implement the A/V streams service in ORBit?

I've been thinking about extending the gstreamer project with the ability to distribute elements. After some suggestions from the developers I concluded that the most elegant solution would involve wrapping the gstreamer elements as bonobo components because it would hide the problem of distribution from gstreamer and integrate best into the GNOME project. Sadly there doesn't currently exist a suitable mechanism for connecting the components that is both high-speed and low offers very low latency in bonobo. For that I concluded support would have to be provided by CORBA. Then someone pointed me in the direction of the A/V stream CORBA "Control and Management of A/V streams" specification. That's how I ended up here.

Regards,
Owen