Re: ORBIT-MT problem, clean-up process, CPU load 100 %

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Sebastian Wilhelmi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > But thats perfecly fine. When in __poll it isn't using 100% of the CPU, does
> > > it?
> >
> > I'd guess that the main worker thread is in poll() and not using any CPU,
> > but some other thread is spinning out of control and chewing all the CPU.
> >
> > In GDB again, type 'info threads', which will give a list of all threads
> > running at the moment. Then switch to each thread with 'thread <n>', where
> > <n> is one of the numbers from the list of running threads, and get a stack
> > trace. Then you can find out what each thread is doing, rather than just
> > one of them.
>
> Yes, but echo-server shouldn't start off another thread (besides the pthread
> managing thread). It doesn't do it here at least.
>
> Maybe the reason very simply is, that Zulkarnaen is using libc5. I would
> recommend upgrading to libc6 (aka glibc2). That should solve your problems.
> Still it would be interresting to find the real cause, as that might very well
> be inside ORBit-mt.

	Yes you're right .. i upgrade my box with ..
	glib-1.2.8-4 and glibc-2.1.92-14 .. then everything's come to
	clear ..

	When i using the old one, i see "g_main_pool"  on glib library
not really
doing "pool", but it's doing looping forever .. of course that spent alot
of
CPU ...

	Thanks a lot ..

--