Re: Server and client in the same program

Hi Rune,

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, [ISO-8859-1] Rune Sætre wrote:
> So does anyone know how a CORBA server and a CORBA client can be
> implemented in the same process using ORBit? Or will I have to split
> the CORBA server part and the CORBA client part into separate
> processes?

	ORBit should be ( and is ) really fast for this case, and it works
fine. However ORBit is really not thread safe. However, if you checkout
bonobo from GNOME CVS, you will see that we use lots of in-proc
invocations, particuarly in the moniker code where the servers are
activated by linking shared libraries in-proc at activation time.