Server and client in the same program

Hi

I am writing a CORBA server that is collecting data from various sources.
The program is running several threads to collect data.

Is it possible for such a program to act as a CORBA client and collect
data from other CORBA servers?

I have attempted this with ORBit without luck. The threads acting as CORBA
clients often, but not always, hangs after a CORBA method has been called
on a remote object. Control does not reach the line after the CORBA call,
although the remote server method has returned.

My program now uses separate orbs for the client and servers, and I have
started to use ORBit-mt, without this fixing the problem.

So does anyone know how a CORBA server and a CORBA client can be
implemented in the same process using ORBit?
Or will I have to split the CORBA server part and the CORBA client part
into separate processes?

Regards,
Rune Saetre