Re: 2.3.99 won't build w/o 2.3.xx installed?

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 07:40:49AM -0500, Michael Meeks wrote:

>         Since we do:

> Everything_module_la_LIBADD = \
>         $(top_builddir)/src/orb/libORBit-2.la

>         It seems to me that libtool is getting confused; it's possible
> adding a -L$(topbuilddir)/src/orb into the LIBADD would help

No, it seems that libtool has already moved the library to a .lib
subdirectory at that point, so it still fails the same way (as seen at
<http://bugs.debian.org/122546>).

Probably adding -L$(top_builddir)/src/orb/.lib would work, but that
seems pretty ugly.  If all else fails, I'll try that, but it seems
like something more fundamental is wrong here.

At the moment, we're still completely blocked getting the new orbit2
into Debian testing.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single