[Fwd: Re: [orbitcpp-list] ORBitC++ and ORBit2]

Murray Cumming <murrayc@t-online.de> wrote:

> I suggest that we take up Michael and Mark's offer of integrating this
> into the main ORBit2 code base, even if it's just to get more people
> involved.

Yes, I'd like to see this happen too, as long as the development of the
C++ mapping continues. I don't want to see it stagnate. This could be a
good way to speed development, but it could also be a killer.

Are Michael and Mark aware of the fact that ORBit-C++ is more than just
a compiler backend? Are they also aware that building ORBit-C++ requires
a C++ compiler? The previous message I saw from Michael lead me to
believe that he does not.

> Also, can we decide to focus all future development on ORBit2 instead of
> ORBit1? Are people really using ORBitC++ now in anything so important
> that they can't handle the short-term disruption?

I really have no idea who is using ORBit-C++, or what they're using it
for. I would expect that anyone using it would be able to deal with a
short-term disruption, as it has always had a release number less than
zero, and still lacks a lot of functionality that would be needed in a
serious project.
--
Sam Couter          |   Internet Engineer   |   http://www.topic.com.au/
sam@topic.com.au    |   tSA Consulting      |