ORBit-0.5.12 <--> Java 1.3.1

Hi,

I'm busy testing ORB-interoperability using an 'EchoServer' example.
Everything is executed on one machine running RedHat Linux 6.1.  The
development tools are ORBit-0.5.12 and Java SDK 1.3.1, using the built-in
"JavaIDL" functionality.  The IOR is passed as a shared file.

Here's the result:

	Java Client >> Java Server	Works!
	Java Client >> Orbit Server	Works!
	Orbit Client >> Orbit Server	Works!

	Orbit Client >> Java Server	Dies.

The exception thrown by the final test was:

	Major 2
	Repo ID: IDL:CORBA/MARSHAL:1.0

Then I removed the trailing \n from the Java-generated IOR file.  Now the
invocation gets through, and the Java server prints the correct message, but
the ORBit client does not return from the remote method call - it just
blocks indefinately.

If I CTRL-C the Java Server, the ORBit client wakes up, but with the
exception:

	Major: 2
	Repo ID: IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0

Has anyone else had this problem?  Should I switch to ORBit2?  Should I
switch to a different Java-side ORB?  Or should I sell my computer and use
the money to set up a hippy commune in the countryside, where we would grow
our own vegetables and lead rich, meaningful lives?

Thanks, Adam.