Re: Why Bonobo???

On 16 Aug 2001 19:56:53 +0100, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Hey Joachim:
>
> What makes you think bonobo is appreciably slower than plain CORBA?

I think one think that make bonobo signifcat slower is the bonobo
moniker and property bag mechanism which produces a huge overhead of
remote function calls.

> Seems to me the CORBA marshalling accounts for nearly all the
> overhead,
> even when using ORBit in local mode.
>
> -Bill
> --
> --------------
> Bill Haneman
> Gnome Accessibility / Batik SVG Toolkit
> Sun Microsystems Ireland

The overhead is not my main issue. I simply want to know what
improvements does bonobo bring to me. Is the development easier or the
are there any additional CORBA Services like a NamingService or a DII???

But thank you for the fast reply. Much better than on the evolution
mailing list... they don't post my message anyway *g*

Cu
b0nz0

  Joachim Rosskopf - LX networking -
  Email:	mailto://Joachim.Rosskopf@lx-networking.de