Re: How to get ip address from ior

Hi Rashi jain,

>        I am trying a program which access server
> object at remote through an ior.Can i connect my
> client program to server program through ior only.Is
> there any need to know the ip address and port number
> of machine on which server is running ?

No, the IOR contains all information needed to access an object

>       I have already tried this same combination on my
> machine .I have created dummy server object and got
> its ior and connect that ior in my client program. i
> have used visibroker 3.1 for java and jdk1.1.5 for
> running my program.This program works well but when i
> try to access remote object server through ior it
> gives java.net.ConnectException .
> Please guide me how can i connect server at remote
> I know only its IOR.Is there any method to get IP
> address from a IOR?

If your server uses ORBit, look at the ORBit FAQ, Question 2b)

 http://orbit-resource.sourceforge.net/faq.html

If your server doesn't use ORBit, this mailing list isn't the right place to
ask. Ask the vendor of your ORB.

Bye,
Sebastian
--