orbitrc tcp control revisited

 Hello,

I have a Red Hat 6.0 system (libORBit V4.3.0) in which I wanted
to turnoff the ORbit listening on the TCP/IP sockets.
So, I created an /etc/orbitrc with:

ORBIIOPUSock=1
ORBIIOPIPv4=0
ORBIIOPIPv6=0

But, this had no effect. I tried putting orbitrc in /etc/orbit,
/usr/local/etc, /usr/local/orbit to no avail.

Where does libORBit V4.3.0 look for its system wide orbitrc?
(So I can help others with this older ORBit.)

Well, I did the sensible thing and upgraded via RPM (I am lazy today)
to ORBit V5.7-4.

Now /etc/orbitrc seems to work, but I still have one tcp socket that
is listening. netstat shows:
tcp  0  0  0.0.0.0:1681  0.0.0.0:*  LISTEN  2827/gnome-session

How can I turn off this last port?

I noted that I had to install libwrap for the new RPM, so I assume
that ORBit is now reading and honoring my /etc/hosts.deny

Is this true?

These look like good FAQ questions - I think.

 Thank you for ORBit and Gnome! ;)

 Mike
 mikes1987 yahoo com