question about deleting objects

What documentation I've found on the web is still rather unclear.

The big question I have is: How do you delete an object after it has
been created?

An impl_classname_destroy method is created automatically by the
IDL compiler, but I can't see for certain how this can be called in a
useful manner. There isn't a stub routine created that matches this.

The approach I'm looking at is to have an additional method in the class
that calls the destroy method, but I'ld like to confirm if that's the
right way to do it, or if I'm missing anything else.  I still seem to
lose a little RAM with each object that gets allocated and
(partly) deleted. of course, the leak may be happening somewhere else,
too -but I want to find out exactly what I should be doing to delete an
object.

I understand that CORBA_Object_release() is only used to release the
client side reference to an object, and that this will only free
resources  on the client, not the server.